Accepted Eggthorn | Staff Application

Eggthorn

Staff member
Trial
Jul 10, 2018
United States
First name: Erik
Minecraft username: Eggthorn (May change soon to Eggthrown)
Timezone: EDT
Current time: 10:01 AM
Schedule of when we can expect you: I usually wake up around 9AM and will be online a little after 10AM. I am able to be on everyday except when I am spending time with family. (I will inform a higher-up beforehand) Since it is currently summer for me, (July and August) I will be able to be online 4+ hours a day, when school comes by I will be able to be on for an hour or two during the week because I will be studying. On weekends I will be able to be online for 3+ hours.

QUESTIONS:

Q: Why are you applying for our staff team?
A:
I am apply for the Disastrous Network staff team because I enjoy playing on the server. I believe that I have the knowledge and the ability to do great as a staff member. I have previous experience from observing staff members in different servers in action, as well as being apart of a staff team on different small servers. I like to help players who might be in need of some assistance with commands or a possible glitch. (Which I would then report to a higher-up)

Q: What will you being a staff member help improve?
A:
It would be an honor to improve the player experience and prevent evildoers from causing any trouble.

Q: You see a fellow staff member breaking a rule. What do you do?
A:
I record the staff member asap, take screenshots of chat, and report to a higher-up in the process. If necessary I would upload the video to YouTube. (Private video or public)

Q: You are unsure of the exact punishment you are supposed to execute upon a player. What do you do?
A:
I would ask a staff member, if I am unable reach to anybody at the time I would look at the punishment guideline and determine a reasonable punishment upon the player.

Q: You are being overwhelmed by players and you're the only staff member online. What do you do?
A:
I ask another staff member to see they are available to help.

Q: A player has broken a rule that you do not have the ability to properly punish them for and there are no senior staff members online. What do you do?
A:
I ask a staff member that does have the ability to properly punish the player, as well as send any evidence of the player breaking the rule.

Q: A friend has broken a rule and you do not want to punish them. What do you do?
A:
I would simply treat them as any other player. I will remain unbiased if this does happen.

Q: What are some of your strengths? How will they effect your performance as staff?
A:
I have decent experience and will be able to administer a good amount of players with their problems. I am good with literature and will be able to make this server look professional, as well as myself.

Q: What are some of your weaknesses? How will they effect your performance as staff?
A:
I do not believe I have any weaknesses. If I do and am unaware of them, please do not hesitate to tell me.

Q: Have you ever been punished on this server? If so, what for and when? You cannot apply if it was within the last 30 days.
A: I have never been punished on the server.

Q: Are you familiar with the LiteBans plugin? Are you able to effectively operate it?
A:
I am not very familiar with the LiteBans plugin but I can assure you, I will be able to learn the commands and how to effectively operate them.

Q: Is your Minecraft and forums accounts secure? Two-factor authentication, security questions, strong password, no one else has access, etc.
A: Yes, my Minecraft and forums accounts are secure.

Q: Are you able to separate personal feelings and be unbiased when acting as a staff member?
A:
I will be able to separate personal feelings and be unbiased when acting as a staff member.

Q: What qualifies you to be a staff member?
A:
I have experience with observing staff members work on other servers, as well as experience with being a staff member on small servers.

Q: What previous experience do you have?
A:
I've played on a server called MineVision, which got around 100-1000 players. I played on factions on the server, as well as a bit of prison. During my time on the server I have watched the staff members deal with problems while remaining unbiased and professional. I have been helper on a few small servers. (FireMC, Corrupt, and others) These servers have gotten around 10-25 players on a daily basis. During my time on the staff team on these servers I have learned a lot. I have learned about different ways to deal with hackers and problems players on the servers were facing.

Do you meet these requirements:
Ability to share evidence of rule breaking such as uploading screenshots/gifs uploaded to Gyazo or Imgur: (Yes)
Do you have a definite understanding of the rules and punishments of our server?: (Yes)
Have you activated Two Factor Authentication on the forums?: (Yes) [Setup here: http://www.disastrous.network/account/security]
Do you have an alternative means of communication(Discord, email, etc)? (Yes, I am in the server's discord server.)
When did you first join the server?
I joined the server around 5 days ago. (7/12/2018, I am not certain of this)
What is your current play time? (use /timeplayed to find out)
My current playtime is 3 days and 11 hours.