Dec 1, 2019
United States
First name: Caleb
Minecraft username: Bystanding
Country(If you live CAN/US, please use province/state): United States, Oklahoma
Timezone: CST - 6:00
Current time: 6:47PM
Time most active (in your timezone): 4:00PM - 12:00AM
Any extra schedule information?: (like a job or school)
No job. Typical school obligations.

Questions:
Q: Why are you applying for our staff team?
A: I am applying for staff for no reason other than the fact that at the moment, this is the server I most frequently play on, and is the server I most enjoy and simply just want to elevate my experiences and share those with other players, which is what becoming a member of any staff team allows you to do.

Q: What will you being a staff member help improve?
A: In many of my staff applications I've referenced one thing that I most enjoy about being a staff member, and this one shall be no different. My favorite thing about Minecraft and multiplayer environments on Minecraft is that the ability and ease of access to make new friends and new memories as both a regular player AND staff member is immense. These opportunities are only strengthened when you are trusted by the community as a staff member. I believe that my influence and demeanor within the community, added on top of my status as a staff member, would only liven the community, and brighten the morale and boost the fun of the players.

Q: You see a fellow staff member breaking a rule. What do you do?
A: In my opinion, no player is exempt from the rules of a server. Whether that player has played for 5 minutes or for five years and also regardless of if they are a staff member or not. Personally, I would first mention the issue to them directly, as no issue should get terribly out of hand if it doesn't have to. If out of that comes no resolution, then I would take it upon myself to bring it to a higher authority (whatever that may be in any instance). Rules are rules. Any staff member who breaks them is only conveying to the player-base that the server's staff team is unaware and incapable of moderating a server.

Q: You are unsure of the exact punishment you are supposed to execute upon a player. What do you do?
A: In the rules thread on this forum, every possible scenario and it's repercussions are explicitly stated. If an issue arises that doesn't really fit anything in the thread, then I believe it is up to the staff member in question to make a decision that will best suit the situation. Staff members are trusted when they are accepted to make these calls, so it should be no issue.

Q: A player has broken a rule that you do not have the ability to properly punish them for and there are no senior staff members online. What do you do?
A: I would personally notify a senior staff member through outside channels of communication first (Discord, etc.) and then would act. Any punishment that you can give (kick, temp mute, etc.) should be given, as no individual deserves to freely break rules without any consequences.

Q: A friend has broken a rule and you do not want to punish them. What do you do?
A: As I stated in the third question, NO PLAYER is exempt from server rules. They are to be punished like everyone else.

Q: Have you ever been punished on this server? If so, what for and when? You cannot apply if it was within the last 14 days.
A: No

Q: Is your Minecraft and forums accounts secure? Two-factor authentication, security questions, strong password, no one else has access, etc.
A: Yes

Q: What punishment do you use for someone who is advertising?
A: Unintentional advertising ("Hey do you wanna go play on Hypixel with me? Here's the IP...."), warrants a warning, but blatant adverting ("Join my server blah blah blah...") warrants a permanent user ban.

Q: What punishment do you use for someone who is pretending to be a staff member?
A: Pretending to be a staff member is considered impersonation and punishments for this can range from a temporary mute to a temporary ban, depending on the severity.

Q: What punishment do you use for someone who is on here our server simply to troll?
A: If the player is not breaking any rules, they shall not be punished. However, if they break ANY rules, the corresponding punishments are to be carried out.

Do you meet these requirements:
Ability to share evidence of rule breaking such as uploading screenshots/gifs uploaded to Gyazo or Imgur: Yes

Do you have a definite understanding of the rules and punishments of our server?: Yes

Have you activated Two Factor Authentication on the forums?: Yes [Setup here: http://www.disastrous.network/account/security]

Do you have an alternative means of communication(Discord, email, etc)? Yes

When did you first join the server?
Friday, November 29th

What is your current play time? (use /playtime to find out)
15 hours